**All posted positions are listed until filled**
Job Title: Executive Director, Central Wyoming Climber’s Alliance (CWCA)
Reporting: Central Wyoming Climber’s Alliance Board of Directors.
General Description: The main goal of the CWCA Executive Director is to promote and organize climbing in the Central Wyoming area. To help achieve this end, the board requires the following to be implemented and executed: Oversee successful planning and execution of the International Climbers Festival, support CWCA Youth Climbing and Education Initiatives, support Access and Advocacy efforts, and manage Jim Ratz Scholarship to Climb the Grand Teton and Skinner Fund. Fundraising via grant writing, individual donor solicitation, and local/national campaigns to support the above programs is a major part of this job. This position provides autonomy, creative problem solving and networking opportunities. Position is supported by a Festival Coordinator to handle logistics and execution of the International Climbing Festival.
Primary Task and Supervisory Responsibilities: Maintain financial stability for CWCA through diligent fundraising and event organization, program development and management including all the components listed above. Communicate and delegate initiatives to the CWCA board, volunteers, and Festival Coordinator. Develop, manage and clarify volunteer positions for a variety of events.
· Strong background in rock climbing culture
· Must excel in an agile environment where innovative thinking is required for success
· Passion for developing and implementing climbing programs
· Understanding of program development and management
· Problem solver who is organized, positive, proactive, collaborative, and forward thinking
· Able to be an exemplary representative of the climbing community to the rest of central Wyoming.
· General computer and Internet literacy, including: Word, Excel, Power Point or equivalent
· Ability to diligently record hours and consistently report progress to the board of directors
· Effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders throughout Central Wyoming
· Ability to manage multiple events with a large amount of volunteers and vendors
· General accounting skills and accounting software literacy
Experience: Expertise in the following areas is strongly suggested: events planning and coordination, program or non-profit management, budget tracking, networking and social media, marketing and fundraising, media creation.
Education: No formal education is required.
Work Status: Up to three-quarter time, 30 hours per week (averaged over the year) with occasional work on weekends during specific events. No additional compensation package.
Work Location: Strongly preferred that the Executive Director lives in and works from Lander, WY.
Travel: This position may require some travel, likely in the central Wyoming region and to two yearly trade shows.
Application Process: Please send cover letter and resume with all contact information to: CWCA Board, P.O. Box 1304, Lander, WY 82520. You can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Preferred Timeline for hire:
The WyoClimbers Board hopes to schedule interviews with qualified applicants for the last week of February 2018 through first week of March 2018. Job will remain posted until filled.